So lately with the budding language skills a story retention we get some great conversations from our little ones. Here are my favorites.
Mathias:" Annie you need to save me I am in jail."
Annie:"OK"
So Annie proceeds to pretend to kill a monster.
M: "No Annie I in jail"
A:"Oh. OK."
So Annie pretends to unlock the door and let him out.
Mathias: "Annie go be a princess in your castle ( pointing to there bedroom) so I can be a monster and scare you."
Annie: "Alright"
Mathias in his Dinosaur costume slowly creeps to the bedroom. Creeping upon Annie he growls. As I hear a couple waps from one of our foam swords. Tears erupt and Mathias comes out.
M: "Mom Annie wasn't a scared princess she just chopped me with the sword."
Trying not to attempt rolling on the floor laughing.
Sitting at the dinner table....
Me:"Annie get a bite of food
Annie:"I cant"
Me:"Annie no treats until you get a bite of food"
Annie:"I hurt"
(her excuse to not do anything lately is she is always hurt)
Me:"Annie Please get a bite of food"
Annie:"No I not"
Eventually we got her to get a few bites after about 5 Min....
Me:"Annie go get dressed"
A:"No I not"
Me:"Annie Please go get dressed"
A:"I cant"
Me:"Annie you need to get dressed for bed"
Annie:"There all Dead"
Me??:" Annie go get dressed for bed"
A:" Its to dark"
Me:"Turn on the light"
A:"OK"
She proceeds to turn on the bedroom light, and comes back.
A:" Did it"
Me:"Good now go get dressed for bed."
Sitting in Stake conference Andrew had taken the girls just over halfway through to the Nursery before they got out of control.
Mathias:"Santa's house is the store."
Me:"OK"
M:"Jesus house is the temple"
Me:" Yea"
Later on Elder Uchtdorf started speaking about the power of the Holy Ghost.
M:" The Holy Ghost doesn't have the power to kill me. He just flies up in the air."
Me:"The Holy Ghost helps us know when we are making good choice."
M:"Oh"
Later that day..
Me:Irritatedly"Mathias will you please go get dressed for bed"
M:" Mom the Holy Ghost is just sad cause you yelled at me"
Me:" I'm sorry your right" walking away slightly ashamed of myself.
Andrew making PB&J sandwiches for lunch.
Annie:" I don't like it"
Me:" Why not Annie?"
Annie:"Its slimy"
Looking over at the Jam being put on the sandwich.
Annie:"Its just slimy"
Well she polished off all of her slimy sandwich so it must have been pretty good slime.
I have to say that I love my kids and the things that happen and what they say can give me endless amounts of laughter and at times make me realize how much they understand....
1 comment:
Haha! They're so funny! My favorite one is when Annie wasn't a scared princess and just "chopped (Mathias) with the sword"! Haaa!
Also, nice job, Mathias, on paying attention so well in Stake Conference. That's hard for a 4-yr old! Or even older ones...
Post a Comment