Friday, February 18, 2011

School Age!!

So Its official Mathias gets to start school in the fall!! Yesterday our big boy turned 5...*sigh* sometimes I wish I could keep him this size for a little longer...
As he has grown so has his Imagination!!
So Are big guy can be a lot of fun these days especially at meal time!!
about a month ago I was cooking dinner and got the usual question. "Mom what you cookin." Tired of telling him every 5 min. what I was making I told him I was making Dragon. From there its just gotten more entertaining, though he did stop asking after that. So getting up to the table for dinner he looks at it and goes "mom I want some of that Gronkle tale it looks Yummy" Oh the fun that we have had since then. WE went to Marias and she told him that she made monster for dinner (Chicken), Hunter fed him tumble weeds ( Frosted mini shredded wheat), I made Dragon toes (roasted fingerling potatoes) and we have had dragon tale (Green beans or asparagus)... eating can be so entertaining!
Sadly Mathias wanted a Gronckle Birthday however with walmart the only store selling How to train your dragon toys we were unable to get a gronckle so I piped one on to his cake as he watched and told me exactly what he wanted. It might not be as cool as some but he was happy!
Andrew had to tease Mathias with his party hat..
Our Birthday Boy!!
We sure do love this guy its going to be hard to send him off to school in september!!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

He is so funny. Those faces he can make crack me up. And I am sad to see him get big to fast also.

Grandma said...

LOL forgot to mention that the party hat on Andrew is something else. Before reading the explanation I kept looking at it trying to figure out what in the devil did he have on!!!!

fiona said...

Love that first picture! How can he be FIVE already?? Happy birthday, handsome fella! I love all that stuff you're cooking up, too! I'll have to start getting creative with my cuisine, too! Maybe they'll start liking our weekly fish better if I tell them it's sea serpent or something... :D