All of that brought me to think of the wonder that he has brought to my world. His Zoo of imaginary animals starting with Alligators, moving on to Tigers, Bears, Owls, Frogs, Dogs, Cats, Elephants, and pocket sized Lions living behind the t.v.. We now have graduated to Dragons, Monsters, as well as baby versions of them.
He is often finding pocket or baby monsters to me to pet and to see. The other day he was a pirate and Sisters bed was a sail boat and he was off to find treasure with his sword sticking down his back. Yesterday he was carrying his flashlight around in his pocket. When he tried to make shadow puppets on the wall I took a break from folding laundry to make a few with him.
Last week he asked for a cookie promptly broke off a piece gave it to me than another piece and gave it to Annie, saying "mom I just shared". All I could think was all are conversations on sharing were worth it. So many times when we talk to him it seems he doesn't hear anything we say, but that moment proved that he hears more than we think.
The moment when we aren't so excited to hear him say things are like last night when he said "shut up". Andrew and I feel the frustration of the way the world can influence him at those moments since we don't say that in our home. We have to remind ourselves that we cant keep him innocent forever and more moments like that will come especially after he starts school.
Yet we still get wonderful moments with him he is always trying to take care of Annie's owies. He continually is comforting Bekah Grace when I'm changing her diaper or getting clean clothes out for her. He loves talking to her and holding her hand. The way he might come in put his hand on me and say "I just love you mom." It warms me up and makes every stress of having my little ones worth it.
Mathias seems to only be able to love one person at a time though at this stage it doesn't hurt my feelings. Some days he only loves his dad, or Grandma buttons, or Poppie, etc.
I do have to say that I love him a little more each day even when all I want to do is pull my hair out and scream. I hope that I can teach him how to make the best choices in life. I hope I can be the mother he needs and deserves though many days I feel like I fail in that. Every day is a new day, a new experience, a new adventure.
Through all the laughter the tears, changes, challenges, and questions I feel like he helps me grow and change more than I could ever hope. I definitely wouldn't trade him for all the riches in the world. They would be meaningless to me compared to being a Mom!!
I hope I haven't bored anyone with my crazy thought, but I needed to put them down before there lost. In hope that someday my little man will understand just how much I Love him.
5 comments:
What!? He gave up his blanket? Bran claims he will always keep his, and I halfway believe it! But I know he won't, at least not so close to him, and I know I will be sad when it's no longer such a part of his life :(
Sweet post, Sari. They grow up too quickly, and Mathias is such a good little fella. I love that picture!
YES he gave up his blanket I wasnt ready for that one and I am very sad :( He still drags it out once in a while, and this is only a little of his personality he also now requests what he wants to eat and sometimes wears the same outfit for days in a row!!
Sari you're such a good mommy. I remember when Ben came home from kindergarten with a mouth full of cuss words. *shocking*! It's so much fun being a parent. They grow up so fast.
I am sad he gave up his blanky:( You are right they grow up to fast. One day they are playing in the dirt in the back yard and then in the blink of an eye you realize your son just turned 12,and you only have 6 years left. Enjoy every moment. Give him hugs from his auntie...He is so cute.
You are making me cry! Darn all these pregnancy hormones! That was really sweet though! I hate that they grow up so fast!
Post a Comment