Sunday, June 07, 2009

Ice Cream Hooray!!!

Ok as so many of you know and suffer from similar problems as myself I must say this has been the best recipe so far. Being allergic to milk sucks especially when you want Ice Cream and the store bought non-dairy stuff either makes me very ill or tastes horrible and there isnt too many flavors to choose from besides vanilla and choclate ( as most of you know I cant stand choclate and will honestly say I dont even like the smell of it).
So a few weeks ago I wanted ice cream so bad that I went online to find homemade non-dairy ice cream recipes and found a great site that has about a thousand diffrent flavors to choose from. I also must say thankyou to my parents who got me and ice cream maker for my bridal shower....
Here is my beautiful Ice cream made with coconut milk and let me say its the creamiest I have been able to make the almond milk vanilla I made a couple of weeks ago was good but you couldnt taste the vanilla and Soy makes me very ill. (yes I cheated and had some carmel sauce and will probably suffer a stuffy nose for a week but it was all worth it.) there is also a vegan carmel sauce recipe im going to have to try out on this blog site but havnt had enough time.
If you want to see the site heres the link http://veganicecream.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Yaay!

Megan and Greg said...

Is this Sari talking? How in the world did I not notice you don't eat chocolate? You're a woman! It doesn't make sense! Well anyway, I'm really happy for you. Going thru life w/o icecream is just not as good. Greg and I don't have a freezer so we've had icecream just 3 times or so this year. We're excited to get it back in the routine. I don't know if you've heard, but we're moving to Rogue River in 5 weeks! So we'll see you soon!

Rochelle said...

Great photo! Looks fantastic! You should join our food blog.

fiona said...

I absolutely LOVE coconut milk! That look and sounds delicious. I have a huge craving for super-creamy rocky road ice cream right now...mmmm...soom I'll be in the States and can buy some!!! :)

Sutherlands said...

Yummy! You and I need to have an ice cream date! That looks delicious! I would love to be able to eat ice cream and not get sick from it. I admit, i am weak and I cheat from time to time and it is ALWAYS worth it, until I feel like puking!
Great job!