Saturday, May 12, 2012

Arrival of Eve Gabrielle!

Ok So those who havnt seen Pictures or heard Little Eve decided to make a Speedy and screaming entrance on May 2 at 1150 am! We arrived at the hospital at 5 am for our induction but didnt even get petocin until 8 am.. Doctor Hagloch finally showed up at 1040 to break my water we were at a 4 15 min later and were prepping for my Epidural...Just as it started to kick in and I was telling the nurse I needed to push.. She left the room to find the doctor and left me with 2 student nurses one was just there to observe and the other wasnt allowed to do anything without supervision. I kept saying I needed to push and they said not yet.... first I have to say when its time to push there is no way your going to be able to stop it. The attending nurse came running back in I promptly told her she was coming and she still says wait the doctor is coming as she goes to check I was crowning. My doctor came running in and barely got her apron on before Miss Eve came out and I have to say my Epidural never fully kicked in. I am also grateful that I had an Epidural with all my others! So our stats were 7 lbs 14 oz, 20 inches long and 13in head circumference.


 Gracie loves Eve so much and will hardly let anyone else have a turn!
 So excited to meet there new sister!

 Grandma finally got a turn!
 Daddy caught me sleeping with our little one.

 Yea its time to go home!





Daddy caught sleeping with miss Grace!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

It has been such fun to be here and watch all the excitement of Eve coming into the world.
Yea, Gracie is a hard one to get the baby from to be able to have a turn. Mathias and Annie are great at sharing. Andrew asleep with Gracie looks like one of the three bears in little bears bed!

Megan and Greg said...

So cute! I've been waiting for this post. Congrats! I can't believe it all happened so fast! I'm glad the doc made it back. Why on earth did you have to go in so early? That just seems so early! I'll never understand how people can sleep with their babies. I never can! I try to and it just doesn't work. 4 kids. Impressive.

Rochelle said...

She is sooooooo beautiful! So tiny in person. You are so wucky smile smile.......

fiona said...

How did I never comment on this? I can't believe how quickly she came. And I love the pic of you two sleeping in the hospital bed. She is darling. Again, Congratulations!