Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Deer


As everyone knows I've taken up hunting. Well with help from Pat and Randy I got my first deer. So here is the story: Tuesday the 6th of October, I had only been home for all of ten minutes when Randy calls and says "I'm going to teach you how to hunt the Jentzsch way." Turns out a three point deer had found his way into Pat's garden, yes the garden that they had just fenced this summer. All Pat said was "Poor thing, oh well he got into my garden." So I get there before Randy and decided to scope out the garden to see where the deer was at. To my surprise he was standing in plain sight staring right at me. OK now to find a better shot, as I moved around the guy didn't even budge, he just watched me. So I found my shot, I laid out prone on Randy's new pool deck and waited for him to show up, I didn't have long to wait. He gave me the go ahead and I took the shot, the deer ran a little turned back and soon laid down and gave it up. Now the work begins, and after three hours between Randy and I had him ready for the butcher. During the butchering though we had visitors, a couple of other Bucks had shown up and they only survived because we didn't want to skin and clean another deer in the dark. So the Photographer was Megan who thoughtfully took my picture since Sari and I forgot our cameras. By the way Randy had the meat processed and I must say it is some darn good meat, must be because the deer was more pet than wild critter cause he was very well fed.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

You shot Bambi?

Sari said...

Yes he shot Bambi and Bambe taste Good

fiona said...

Poor deer, though I do like venison! I'm cracking up at what Pat said, haha!

Saunders Family said...

Happy Hunting Does it count if the deer was trapped? Yum can't wait to taste it Poor Bambi