Friday, April 04, 2008

To Italy!

My boss came up to me and asked if I had any plans in the next couple of weeks, I didn't even hesitate to say I had no plans, then he informed me that I'm going to Italy, I said "Okay". Talk about a boost. So I didn't even bother calling Sari with the good news, I wanted to see her face personally. When I got home I asked her to look at a paper that I had brought home to fill out with important info, she gave me a quizical look at first but was looking it over and realized what it was all about very quickly. Then it changed to one of those mixed looks of happiness and sadness; sad because I wouldn't be home and miss out on many growing moments, happy because it would mean extra money coming in and help toward a home ( not to mention experience for me at work and possibly more opportunities like this one ). She asked how soon, I said on the 15th I'll fly out. Then the next obvious question was for how long, I said for three weeks. I'm looking forward to it with much anticipation, I like traveling on other peoples budgets even though it means I've got to work for them in some way. At the same time I know I'll miss out on a lot of my kids growing up, especially Annie. Little ones grow fast in three weeks. I think it will be worth the sacrifice in the long run. Besides Sari and the kids will be with Grandma Buttons and Poppie during that time, they'll have a good time being with everyone up in Washington. So I'll be doing more of what I'm already doing here just in a different part of the world. For the mean time, I'll be enjoying my kids while I can still hold them and enjoy my time with them, and of course there is Sari....bye!

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Coolness! Congrats! I know you've been wanting this. Have a great time. We'll miss you.

fiona said...

Lucky man! How awesome!! You definitely need to bring Sari and the kiddos some cool stuff, to make up for not being around and all :) Sounds like a really good, and fun, opportunity -- have a great time!

Dan said...

Sounds like a fun time in store.
Do up use Italy made wrench in Italy or will there let us your own. LOL
Do they fly your tool over or what?
Uncle D

zachariah said...

Congrats!! I love to travel, but it's hard to travel for work now that we have the kids. Before I would volunteer for anything at work just to go see some crazy new place. Now I miss being home too much, and Fiona would go crazy all by herself. But every couple of months I get the travel itch again...