Saturday, March 10, 2007

Mathias' Birthday

Here's the Birthday boy! He wasn't too happy at the moment because of the hat, or maybe he just realized he's a year older. He chowed down on his cake and icecream like there was no tomorrow. Just wish we had a picture of him putting fistfulls of cake into his little mouth. On a funny side note Sari and I had been serving everyone and just when we had thought every one was served and we had dished up for ourselves, I turn around to find little Emma standing right behind me with really big puppy dog eyes (kind of like Eldon Riley's) holding out a clean empty plate complete with a fork and spoon. Immediately she tells me in a very quiet voice "I didn't get any cake and icecream." Well that was an easy fix and she bounced away happy, maybe she conned me into giving her an extra helping? Now back to the birthday boy, the poor guy was so tired by all the events of the day that when it came time for presents he didn't care too much, then again he is at that age. He kept trying to escape to the upstairs, every time we let him go he would head straight for the stairway, he absolutely loved it up there. It was kind of difficult to keep him in one place so that he could open all of his presents.
So after all the festivities of his birthday he got a bath and was put to bed for the night. That was one long day for all involved. We did have a great time and Mathias enjoyed all of the attention he got, and he plays a lot with all of his toys, although he rather enjoys Mom and Dad's attention much much more. By the way we caught Mia and Mathias holding hands earlier that day, I had to run all the way up stairs to grab my camera and get back in time to catch them in the act. So as proof of my efforts I present this photo, Enjoy! (These photos are currently on my costco web page, I think that everyone has access to it let me know if you don't.)

No comments: